Digital Group Menopause Consultation Pilot.
Together, we can make change happen.
Get the answers you need now. Use your experience to shape a new breed of service for women just like you, tomorrow.
What you get:
• A 1.5 hour digital group consultation with Dr Clare, co-founder of My Menopause Centre and an expert in menopause.
– Timeframe will include 10-15 of admin / safety guidelines and session wrap up
• A patient information pack with factsheets on menopause and HRT, produced by My Menopause Centre.
• A personalised treatment letter and, if appropriate, a private prescription for the right medical protocol for you. It is important to note you can choose to then pay privately or take the treatment plan to your GP and ask if they will consider providing an NHS prescription for you.
• Life-long MPowder Maker status (our name for community members who also help us in our learning!), giving you free access to our monthly Meno.Well events (worth £180 a year), plus exclusive discounts on our blends.
Perimenopause Digital Group Consultation Pilot:
9th March 7-8.30pm GMT.
Menopause Digital Group Consultation Pilot:
16th March 7-8.30pm GMT.
(Not sure what stage of menopause you’re in? Click here.)
Participation cost: £95
Is this pilot right for you?
For you, if:
We are so excited to be offering what we hope will be a valuable, innovative and more affordable route to expert medical advice. And, with all we do at MPowder, we want to refine the experience with you. If the below reflects your needs, then we’d love you to be involved.
- You are seeking expert advice about menopause, your specific symptoms and concern and a treatment plan from a specialist doctor
- You are comfortable sharing your menopause story and medical history and listening to others, confidentially, within a safe group setting
- You are comfortable using video software such as Teams or Zoom
- You are happy to provide confidential feedback on the pilot experience to help us shape the service for the future
- You are based in the UK
Not for you, if:
If you are experiencing any of the following, then the group consultation pilot isn’t suitable for your needs.
- Abnormal bleeding – please speak to your GP or gynaecologist if you are experiencing the following –
A. Your periods have become heavier or longer and/or if you’re having spotting in between your periods or bleeding after sex
B. You start bleeding after having had no bleeding for over a year
C. You’re over the age of 55 and still experience bleeding but aren’t taking hormones or HRT
- Previous blood clots or stroke – (deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary emboli, ischaemic stroke or transient ischaemic attacks)Known thrombophiliaEpilepsy unless not taking antiepileptics
- Previous or suspected breast or ovarian cancer
- Previous or suspected history of brain tumour
- Previous or suspected oestrogen dependent tumour
- Active liver disease
- Previous heart attack
- Untreated endometrial hyperplasia (thickening of the womb lining)
- If you have been advised that you are at raised baseline risk of breast cancer because of family history of previous breast disease
- You’re explicitly looking for guidance on testosterone prescription. Time and complexity means this will not be part of this group consultancy
Still unsure on whether the pilot is a good fit for your needs? Drop us a line confidentially and we’ll get right back to you: email@example.com.
MPowder is a vibrant menopause co-creation community. Our ambition is to make midlife a superpower by providing an inclusive space where individuals can evaluate interventions, expert insight, personal stories and emerging research to select their own route to part 2.
Our members, people like you, drive all we do. From tracking the impact our products have on your body and mind, to piloting and refining our services. Your wisdom and continuous feedback makes us better.
ABOUT MY MENOPAUSE CENTRE
Dr. Clare Spencer (MA MB BChir (Cantab) DM MRCOG MRCGP) is a registered menopause specialist and GP. She qualified from Cambridge University and holds Membership of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and Royal College of General Practitioners.
Dr Spencer co-founded My Menopause Centre (www.my menopause centre.com) with her good friend, Helen Normoyle, a former CMO of Boots, DFS and the BBC. She is the Clinical Director of their private online menopause clinic, the only menopause clinic in the UK to be rated ‘outstanding’ by the CQC.
Dr. Spencer and her team of expert menopause doctors provide a holistic, evidence-based, and personalised approach to menopause care via video or telephone appointments.