The topic? Simple! The benefits of this powerful practice for our midlife bodies and minds. We hope you enjoy the read as much as we did.
Pilates is a brilliant choice of exercise for women going through their menopause. It helps to restore calm, to improve your balance and to build and tone your muscles. It also supports bone health and may help to prevent osteoporosis.
We all want a long life and know that we need to be as fit as possible in order to be able to enjoy our later years independently and in good health.
Joseph Pilates designed his method to benefit the mind as much as the body and his exercises are based on the principles of concentration, control, centring, precision, breath and flow.
“Pilates is gaining the mastery of your mind over the complete control over your body. You’re only as old as your spine. The mind, when housed within a healthful body, possess a glorious sense of power.’
7 Benefits Pilates has to offer women in midlife:
1. Pilates improves your strength and flexibility, and you increase the range of motion in your joints
2. Pilates is low-impact and movements are slow and controlled
3. Pilates exercises can modified and adapted to your individual needs
4. Controlling your breath to the movement with deep exhalations helps to activate your muscles, increases your lung capacity and allows your ribs to move more freely while keeping you focused
5. Pilates helps to strengthen your back muscles and abdominals which will not only help with back pain but also improve your posture, making you look taller, stronger and slimmer
6. Pilates helps with joint mobility. As we age, our joints often become stiff but Pilates will help to combat this
7. In Pilates we move through all our joints, keeping them supple and mobile despite the hormonal changes our bodies are going through.
At its heart, this practice is about connection. And the power that can bring;
“Through the Pilates Method of Body Conditioning this unique trinity of a balanced body, mind and spirit can ever be attained. Self-confidence follows.” Joseph Pilates
With Love, Chloe.
To find out more about pilates, why not try one of Chloe’s free taster classes HERE? Or sign up to her 14 day free trial which will give you access to 150 on demand Pilates inspired workouts HERE.
Share Twitter Facebook Pinterest