This winter warmer is a great way to break your fast and get a nourishing hit of plant food. Any blend of green and root vegetables works well. But this one is hearty and blends to a beautiful vibrant green!
Prep and cooking time: 10 mins.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SOUP:
1 x sweet potatoes
1 x aubergine
1/2 x head of broccoli
400g tin of coconut milk
1 x teaspoon turmeric
1 x teaspoon of zaatar
Glug of cider vinegar to taste
FOR THE GARNISH:
sprinkle of cumin
sprinkle of salt
a handful of basil
1. Set the oven to 200c / 180c fan
2. Cover a baking tray with baking parchment
3. Rinse your chickpeas and spread over baking tray and spink cumin and salt to taste
4. Roast for c. 20-30 minutes until crispy and slightly coloured
5. In the meantime, cut your vegetables into very small pieces so they can steam efficiently
6. Put in a colander over boiling water and steam for 5 minutes
7. Pour into your blender and add 400ml coconut milk and the spices
8. Blend until smooth
9. To eat, heat again if needed, stir in 2 tablespoons of Meno-Boost, add a glug of cider vinegar for acidity, sprinkle over a handful of roasted chickpeas for extra protein and a handful of shredded basil for a delicious aroma.